Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm BAAAaaack!


Hello Friends!
I have missed you so. During my hiatus I endured an aversion to perfume/fragrance that left me stumped and feeling lonely. My only solace was my supportive husband and this beautiful baby GIRL (!!!) growing inside me along with the knowledge that some day I will be able to tolerate scent once again. That day has come and although my enthusiasm is shrouded with caution, I can enjoy the olfactory sense enough to share ideas with you at least once per week. With all of the commotion that will take place over the next few months, I feel that is a realistic goal. So here we are!

This Friday, I will post a piece on the pregnant nose. Next week, I plan to review the one scent that I adore these days. Please stay tuned to discover that gem. Finally, I would love to hear your Scent of the Day. Mine is Montale Fruits of the Musk - a delicious berry fusion with musk and grey amber which trumps most of its contemporaries (such as Trish McEvoy #9 and Philosophy Falling In Love. The latter smells like Jolly Ranchers candy to my nose). Fruits of the Musk achieves a balance and sophistication that the others lack, and I find it deliciously comforting.

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to reuniting with you all!

12 comments:

Flora said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you are doing well, you must be so excited about your baby! :-D

I love that Montale you have been wearing! I agree, when a fruity perfume is done very well, it's hard to beat.

It is HOT here and now it 's getting humid too- it will be over 100 tomorrow and I am dreading it. But I have one thing to help cool me down - the wonderfully green Balmain de Balmain, so refreshing and never sweet, and perfect for when it's too hot for almost any other perfume I can think of. A friend gave me a decant, but I think I will need my own bottle for next summer.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hello Flora!

Thank you and so nice to hear from you! "Excited" is an understatement at this point. I'm walking around feeling like my head is in the clouds lately. :-)

Good luck in that heat! It's been over 100 degrees here every day since about mid-May and I am definitely ready for things to cool down. Humidity puts it over the top, so I feel your pain. Balmain de Balmain is perfect for that climate. Great choice! And I agree, a FB purchase is in order for that one!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, and congrats on the baby girl! My SOTD is Apivita Spice, although I started out with the similar Cinq Mondes Rituel de Java. I love spices in the coolish California summers. I look forward to reading your blog and the upcoming review. Hope you are past the nauseous stage by now, or soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! A little girl who you can share you love of perfume with! Congratulations! Your blog was always one of my favorites, your writing is always wonderful. In fact I am wearing a scent today that I have would not have seeked out had it not been for you, Bond's WestSide...it *IS* amazing. It brings me much comfort, and with a possible Hurricane pointed our way it's just the thing I need! Can't wait to read more :-)

Kayliana

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Good Morning Elizabeth! Oh yes, the nausea has long passed, thank goodness. ;-) Would you believe I have not tried either scent you mentioned? Sounds like a sniffa is in order for me! How I wish our summers were cool enough to wear spicy fragrances. I reserve them for fall - not too far away!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hello Kayliana,

It always gives me warm fuzzies to think that a scent I discussed inspired love in another perfumista. I'm so happy to hear Bond No. 9 is treating you well!! And thank you so much for the Congrats. Many prayers to you and your family. Let's hope the hurricane does not do much damage.

violetnoir said...

So good to "see" you, T! Much love and joy to you and your husband as you await the arrival of your precious baby girl!

Hugs!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Why thank you dear R.!!! It's great to "see" you too. Hugs right back to you!

Anonymous said...

T!!!!! So glad you're back! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. What an exciting time for you and your sweet hubby! :)

Linda

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see you are back and that you and baby are doing well. I agree with the poster that you will now have a little girl to follow in your perfumista foot steps.. God Bless.

I cannot wait to read your next blog on the pregnancy nose.

take care of yourself..

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Linda!

So nice to "see" you! Thank you for continuing to read and for your sentiments. I've missed you. Did you go to Florence? If so, how was it??!!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Italiangirl,

Thank you so much! That entry is on its way! So glad to have you back here. :-)