Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bologna Contest


In honor of one of the cities we will be visiting, Mr. TMH's writing:

Bologna


Bologna---distinctly female.

She’s not your elegant type, she’s
independent, that beautifully rough girl
in high school who played volleyball
and softball who’s not afraid to sweat or bleed.
She always wears loose clothes and
no make-up, seldom wears deodorant.
She's not concerned with your perception.

She's complex in character, her parents
divorced when she was young and
she was raised by the church.
She has difficulty trusting any man and she
keeps a thousand secrets and you
would die to know just one of them.

She frustrates you, disappoints you,
pushes you away with her attitude and strong arms.
And just when you’re ready to give up
and leave her, you see that beautiful city
slowly blink her brown eyes and
gracefully flip her coarse hair.

And only then do you realize she is a woman you will never
satisfy in any way; she asks only that you never leave her.


Dear readers, while I am away, I ask that you please identify the fragrance she wears and why. The winning entry will receive a generous decant of the scent I buy in Italy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This one is a hard one...a complex, frustrating and at times disappointing scent would likely be Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens, for me at least. It embodies all the characteristics described as 'Bologna' and although I've tried desperately to love it, it refuses to love me:)

I understand that given time, the dry-town is very comforting but it really is a hard scent for me to figure out. I think that I will continue sampling it on my skin until I finally get what all the rave is about.

Anyhow, enjoy Italia and I can't wait to hear about the discoveries you make in this wonderful country.

Regards,

Parisa

Anonymous said...

Hi, T! Hope you're having a romantic vacation in Italy! For the mystery fragrance, I'm thinking it would be something interesting and complex, starting out sassy (citrus or tea?) and morphing into something more romantic, flirty and lingering (jasmine or amber?)...so maybe Anne Pliska in cooler weather and The Pour un Ete in warmer weather?? Fun question to ponder! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Linda

Anonymous said...

HI, I am new to your blog - I don't know why it has taken me so long to discover it, but I am enjoying catching up on your posts! I will be stopping by frequently.

As to the contest I think she would be wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Donna - it can be a difficult fragrance as it has enormous presence and is not for everyone, but it rewards the woman who is strong enough to carry it off.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to come up with a suitable response-just wanted to let you know you are making me THINK!

Hopw your vacation is wonderful, and I will try to come up with some intelligent reponse!

Sincerely,

Carole