Monday, January 22, 2007

Annick Goutal Quel Amour

What makes the house of Annick Goutal so unique are the natural essences comprising her fragrances as well as her bucking of popular trends. The end result is a product far superior to most scents you will find at any department store. I now own four of her unique creations. Each of them is rare and beautiful. Of her 28 scents available, nineteen are available for women and nine masculine scents have been created for men. Two are worn by both. Her goal was to create fragrances that are symphonies and yet do not interfere with the client's daily routine.

Quel Amour is my innocent, in love, blushing, "happy" girl perfume. With notes of peonies, wild roses, geranium rose, currants and pomegranite, it is lovely and offensive to no one. Although my husband says, "Meh" about this scent, I truly love it for its feminine, sublime, unobtrusive and sweet qualities. This is also one that works well when layered. I use the body lotion first and then spritz the EDT at pulse points. I find myself sniffing my wrists a lot when I wear and it has just enough sillage for others to think, "She smells pretty."

Annick Goutal has also created a facial and body care line. I would love to explore those products! Reviews are welcome.


Annick Goutal fragrances are available at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and other exclusive boutiques. You may purchase online at escentual.co.uk, fragrancenet.com, scentiments.com, Imagination Perfumery and others. Quel Amour full retail price is $95 for 1.7 oz EDT.
Photo from escentual.co.uk

2 comments:

Sali said...

Hi, Tamara. Congratulations on your lovely blog! The Quel Amour bottle is stunningly pretty--I love the shade of pink, and the fragrance reminds me of a lighter Nahema: a peachy rose. All the best and please come visit me at my blog sometime. :-)

Warm Regards,
Sali

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you oh artistic one! Your support means so much! I will definitely visit your blog. Unfortunately the server is down right now. All the best to you as well.

Warmest regards,
T.