Sunday, June 03, 2007

Paris Sniffapalooza


If there were one time in my life I wish I could go on two back-to-back European vacations, now is the time. My curiosity piques, my imagination runs wild and my zest for life explodes just thinking about being a part of this event. The Paris Sniffapalooza has sold out and an additional three seats have been added recently!! Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. This is a public service announcement for those lucky enough to have the time and the means to take part! The following is written by the Karen's regarding this amazing excursion:

"We've got a great group going on this trip, an eclectic and interesting mix. And if you've ever had even a glimmer of a thought about going to Paris to visit fragrance shops, meet perfumers, have special receptions at fragrance houses, traverse fragrance museums and discover, learn, and sniff your way around this fragrant city that is the heart of the art of perfumery, then this is the fragrance-immersion journey you want to take!!

Oh, and did we mention that some very special fragrance friends will be joining us--- we will be dining with Karl of Aedes de Venustus, Ulrich Lang of Parfums Ulrich Lang (Anvers!), and we are in conversation with Chandler Burr, Luca Turin, and perfumer Maurice Roucel, among others! We are currently collaborating with L'Artisan, Creed, Michele Meyer of The Fragrance Foundation in France, Isabelle Dufour of IPSICA (the fragrance school near Versailles), Sabine Chabbert of Beyond Beauty/Cosmetic Executive Women - France, OsMoz, Firmenich, and Guerlain. Additionally, we're working on plans with Caron, Diptyque, Miller et Bertaux, Serge Lutens, Miller Harris, Parfums de Rosine, Fragonard (including their exquisite museum!), Montale, Molinard, Chanel, Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier, Annick Goutal and some newer niche houses, including MDCI and Crazy Libellule. Department stores we will be getting exclusive visits with include Printemps and Bon Marche.

Other extraordinary activities are a day trip to Versailles, the fragrance museum Osmotheque, and a private visit to IPSICA. Our itinerary also includes stops at Colette, that cutting-edge emporium of design and style, Mariage Freres, the incredible tea shop, a dinner cruise on Les Bateaux Mouches, and we will try and stuff in as much art, fine food, chocolate and wine as we can!"

Should you need more information, please log onto the offical Sniffapalooza website. Appréciez!


Image source: virtualtourist.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What conversation ?

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

This was an e-mail I received from Karen Dubin and Karen Adams. Other than the information they gave me, I am not involved with this, although I would like to go on the trip. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks ! I have written to Karen directly. All the best.

Noteworthy Fragrances said...

When I saw this trip I just gasped and thought, "I've got to do this!" but then reality hit me square in the face and since I'm planning a 3 week trip to Dallas to help my daughter and her husband and that adorable beloved 1 yr old grandson of mine move into their frist new home...it was a hard decision! Paris or Grandson; Grandson or Paris? Okay, Grandson wins!! But if there is a next time..I sure hope I have the time and the means to go!!
Ah..a girl can dream!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Luca Turin,

All the best to you as well! Thank you for reading!

~Tamara

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Joyce,

Well, you made the best decision, ultimately. You won't get the opportunity again to help your daughter's family move into their first new home again. And you are SO right! A girl can dream. ;-) I salivate at the thought of fragrance shopping in Paris. Have a great evening!

xo,
T.