Friday, April 13, 2007

Montale Soleil de Capri


Unfortunately, the first fragrance I test from this illustrious house turns out to be an exact replica of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue on my skin. This combination of notes seems to be quite popular: grapefruit, kumquat, white flowers, white musk, spices. Ah well. I will give this spray sample to my husband in the hopes it smells better on him since this scent is marketed to men (gah!). I will move on to Velvet Flowers tomorrow.

What do you like from Montale?

Update, 4/16/07: This one smells absolutely divine on my husband! I highly recommend it for men.

Montale Soleil de Capri is available at luckyscent.com, aedes.com, and parfumsraffy.com. 50mL retails for $95.

Image source: luckyscent.com

6 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Know what you mean, babe.
The Montales tend to be very intense.

[BTW- Google Blogger suddenly decided not to accept my password- that's why you haven't heard from me...
I just figured it out..SIGH.]

Martin said...

I bought Soleil de Capri after using up a sample very fast and loved it to bits. Then one day when I sampled D&G Light Blue (I've done this before and never noticed how close they were) and realized that on paper they smell very VERY close to each other. On me Soleil de Capri has a sandalwood backdrop that Light Blue is missing, but they are very much alike.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Chaya Ruchama!

How I've missed your sweet words. So happy you got the problem resolved and even happier to hear from you.

Regarding Montale, intense if fine if I like the scent. This one isn't awful, just not me. ;-)

xo,
T.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hello Shift,

Nice to hear from you! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who smells the resemblance.

Have a great day.

T.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I actually love SdC....I believe the key is to use it on a really warm day in order to appreciate it's true beauty. Although I love Light Blue, this is much more elegant. I also love Black Aoud layered with Crystal Flowers (I received more compliments on this combo than any other perfumes, ever). Intense Tiare is perfect if applied lightly on a hot day. I'm still acquiring more of the line and to date, I am very impressed. Actually, Jasmin Full was the only one that was over the top for me...very heady floral blend!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

I will definitely try the Black Aoud and Crystal Flowers combination. Thank you for the suggestion!! Since Light Blue wasn't wearable for me, it makes sense that I didn't care for this one. Although, as I said in my update, my husband wears it wonderfully. I'm sure I would enjoy Intense Tiare since I am a tiare lover. Thanks again!