Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fragrance Heaven

I'm baaaack! What an incredible day I had (I should say we all had) at the first ever Los Angeles Sniffapalooza. Meeting perfumistas that I have been chatting with and trading scents with for years, hearing from famous noses and fragrance creators, and sniffing fragrances I've drooled over on the internet can only be described as truly amazing. Spending time with individuals whose passion for scent parallels mine created an incredible sense of belonging and community. And did I mention shopping?! Oh, the shopping. If only I were a celebrity living in Los Angeles and I had an inexhaustible bank account ...
In thinking about each moment of the day, it is truly difficult for me to name a favorite. They were all so profound and enjoyable. Hearing the inspiring stories of professionals in the fragrance industry, shaking hands with Sarah, founder of Creative Scentualization, and meeting Marlen from Perfume Critic and hearing about his vision for his website are among some of the highlights.

I returned home with a deep sense of satisfaction and some amazing fragrances, all of which I will be reviewing within the next few weeks. I also have a greater understanding of the art of perfumery which can only allow me to write with more detail. Most importantly, I have some wonderful friends in Los Angeles and New York whom I know I can call on for fragrance inspiration and recommendations! Thank you to Karen and Karen for organizing and bringing this event to the West Coast. I am grateful to have been a part of it and look forward to many more!

5 comments:

IrisLA said...

It was so nice to finally meet you! I look forward to reading your blog.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you Iris. You are such a delight and I appreciate you reading!

violetnoir said...

It was wonderful meeting you, T, but I lost you at the tea house!

Sounds like you got back home safely. I look forward to reading your blog.

Hugs!

chayaruchama said...

Sounds like you had a ball, and made new friends...

I'm so glad !
[BTW, a perfume fairy winged some smellies your way, which should be arriving soon...]

Hugs to you !

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Chaya thank you so much! Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated!

Violetnoir, you have MUA mail. Thank you for reading and I feel so fortunate to have met you!