Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bvlgari Blv Notte Pour Homme

Riding a huge wave of momentum I return for a second crack at this textually aromatic art form. And if that incipit sounded sensual then not only do I have your attention, but your intuition is accurate. Bvlgari Blv Notte Pour Homme is what I would call a bucolic, romantic aphrodisiac in a bottle.
Take this commercial for example, and imagine replacing the featured product
with Bvlgari Blv Notte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

So now that you have the image of THAT man, we can begin to tackle a scent that needs only a few words to speak of its masculinity.

What demands your attention immediately are the top notes of tobacco and dark chocolate (for the man wearing this, you didn't really think it was going to be white or milk chocolate, did you?). These two notes combined approach you without hesitation, like a man making the first move on a woman he desires. He doesn't ask, he simply embraces you with enough force to assure you that you're his and that he wants you but with the tenderness that allows you to trust him. He then puts down the smoldering cigarette and grabbing a piece of dark chocolate he asks in a soft, bass-filled whisper if you would care for a taste. You probably can smell the tobacco in his beard and the chocolate as he exhales.

And if this onslaught of sensuality does not breach your senses the galanga will certainly raise your body temperature and peak your interest. This hot, gingery spice is commonly found in Thai cuisine (probably introduced by the man from the commercial during a hunting expedition in Thailand). The spicy galanga should never be underestimated in this scent, as it propels itself into the seductive element found in Bvlgari Blv Notte.

The trinity of tobacco, dark chocolate and galanga, creates an incredibly poetic, seductive and masculine creature. Perhaps you know a man such as the one I'm describing. He could be single or married, older or younger. Regardless, Bvlgari Blv Notte suddenly adorns the wearer with the ability to say and do the right thing at just the right moment. He is noticed in the room but he is not the center of attention. It carries all of the characteristics that I would wish to embody: intellectual, adventurous, experienced, confident, strong, protective but yet, tender and emotionally available. I know my wife appreciates these character traits. I don't have them all but Bvlgari Blv Notte Pour Homme will always afford me those I'm lacking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning My Love,

This is beautiful. Although I coudn't watch the YouTube commercial, I can only imagine what the man you describe must be like. Actually, I don't have to imagine that much. I'm married to him. ;-)

You wear this one very well. Although not my favorite in your collection - that one is still to come - Blu Notte quietly captures my attentionm, as you so eloquently wrote.

xoxo,
T.

IrisLA said...

Great writing! If only my DH would let me spritz him, I would get a bottle of Blv Notte. Yummm, tobacco and dark chocolate on a man!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

With Bvlgari Blv Notte I find that the dry down is about as good as it gets for any scent I wear. He probably finds it a bit heavy in the beginning. By the end of the night, promise him that it will change and become a tad bit lighter. HOW you spray this one is important. I try not to get to close to my skin where I can see the moisture. I have to spray it towards me from a distance.
Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Great writing! It's so very cool that the TMH256s share the same interest in fragrances. Most men I know opt for the lighter fragrances like Issey Miyake and or Bvlgari's lighter fragrances.

I have the women's version of Notte and I wonder if youtube would have the female counterpart?

chayaruchama said...

I will have to resniff this, both out of loyalty to lovely T, and respect for Mr. T's exquisite prose.

No wonder she married you !

Have a good w/e, my dears.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Good Morning Chaya Ruchama!

It's the Mrs. Thank you for the vote of confidence in my choice of life partner. ;-) You have a great weekend as well. (Oh, and I vote to try BLV Blv Notte again, too.)

xo,
T.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hi SV Chick,

The Mrs. here. I tried the women's version and found it "meh." Nothing too spectacular about it unfortunately. I prefer plain old Blv, which I reviewed last week. I'm open to your thoughts on it after giving it a spritz.

Have a great weekend!

T.

Anonymous said...

I decided to give Notte another spritz and I still like how it starts off, but the dry down is way too sharp for me.

I wore it a lot after I first bought it. The scent still brings me some memories of the time when I wore it frequently. I love that about fragrances...

Have a good day!!