Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Review Interview Style: Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia


My number one choice for the Top Five fragrance releases from 2007 is none other than the beautiful Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, created by Estee's grand-daughter Aerin. I promised to review this early in the year, so here we are. A fragrance this gorgeous deserves an interview, so without further ado:

Mrs. TMH, why did you pick this fragrance as your number one choice for 2007?

Everything about this fragrance and its launch is well executed. From its extremely authentic tuberose fragrance supported by luscious gardenia, to its artistic packaging, to the concept of creator following in her grandmother's footsteps, to the exclusive nature of it, to the various forumulations available, it is extremely well done. Add to that that I feel nothing less than pretty when I wear it and we have a winner!

What is your first impression of this fragrance?

Pure, unadulterated, authentic tuberose

What is your second impression of this fragrance?

Creamier and softer, but still that dead-ringer tuberose - I feel as if I am carrying a bouquet of them with me as I drift through my day. It does soften a bit and I am certain other lovely floral notes are part of its composition but lovely tuberose dominates them.

How about a third impression?

The overall feeling is soft, feminine and light. This fragrance begs to be worn on a sunny day. Interestingly, I am usually in a great mood after I apply. But please, do not over spritz. That would ruin its stunning beauty.

What does this fragrance remind you of?

Um. Flowers? Seriously, it is so simply floral and unapologetically so that I cannot think of anything else to metaphorically describe it. I guess I could launch into a description of the woman who should wear it or a biographical sketch about Aerin Lauder, but in the end it is not necessary. The fragrance speaks for itself.

If you had to describe this fragrance in one word what would it be?

Beautiful

Would you purchase a full bottle of this scent?

Most certainly. I am just about finished with my spray sample so I foresee replacing it with a full bottle.

If you could only have one fragrance in your collection, could you be satisfied with this one?

Honestly, I do not think so. I would long for something sultry and/or spicy. But as far as florals go, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is close to perfection.

How would you summarize this fragrance?

A classy, feminine, extremely beautiful floral fragrance for lovers of white flowers who long to be unique.

The list of notes include: neroli, lilac, rosewood, tuberose, gardenia, orange flower, jasmine, white lily, carnation and vanilla bourbon

For more information regarding this fragrance and its formulations, follow this link.
Image courtesy of esteelauder.com

6 comments:

tmp00 said...


A classy, feminine, extremely beautiful floral fragrance for lovers of white flowers who long to be unique.


I couldn't have written better myself!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

:-) Thank you Tom!

IrisLA said...

Recently purchased a bottle. I love the creaminess that the gardenia adds to tuberose. Couldn't wait until spring to wear this, so I've been spritzing away even during winter (such as we have in sunny So. California).

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

You're right Iris! The gardenia is definitely responsible for the creamy aspect of this fragrance. Enjoy! No matter what time of year!

chayaruchama said...

This is VERY YOU.
You're right- wearable year 'round, and lovely.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you Chayaruchama! How lovely to be associated with such a fantastic scent. :-)