Monday, March 31, 2008

Tania Sanchez and Luca Turin


A fantastic excerpt from the book Perfumes: The Guide, by two fragrance experts Tania Sanchez and Luca Turin, appears in the April 2008 edition of Allure magazine (the one with Mariah Carey on the front). If this excerpt is any indication of the quality of the book, I am headed out to use my 40% off coupon at Border's today! A spot-on description of Guerlain Champs-Elysées, a description of classics, a listing of five-star scents and an insightful guide to selecting a fragrance are all included in this crafty little article, starting on page 136. Check it out! The first person to read and respond to this post with the name of the first featured "classic" fragrance in the article will get a nice-sized decant of it from me!

8 comments:

Claudia said...

The first "classic" is Chanel No. 5 (1921) and No. 5 Eau de toilette (1924)

rosarita said...

Allure's perfume coverage continues to be the best I've run across in any mag. I sense the direction of at least one serious perfumista on the editorial staff. :)

Anonymous said...

yea!! I agree with Anita..I love any of Allure's articles on fragrances..Wouldn't it be awesome to have a monthly magazine in print that was ALL PERFUME articles and samples???

Anonymous said...

the first perfume she talks about in the text of the article is Iris Gris but that isn't in the list of classics. So I think you mean L'Heure Bleue which she talks about discovering at the age of 17 at Saks - what a lucky teenager!!
Kim

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Claudia you win!! Please send your address to my e-mail listed in my profile and your decant will go off this week. I'm glad you all enjoyed the article as much as I did. ItalianGirl, I for one would like to be on the editing team of an ALL PERFUME printed magazine! Great idea!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me of my weekly borders coupons. Can't wait to get my hands on this lovely books.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Jenavira13,

I called my store today and they don't have it in stock yet. They said it should be coming in around April 10th - maybe the same thing applies to your store?

Anonymous said...

How do you get a 40% off Borders coupon? I NEED it to buy "Perfume: The Guide."