Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chanel No. 5 Eau Première

I am one of the lucky ladies who can wear Chanel No. 5 with confidence. I know it frustrates some. All those aldehydes and flowers can sometimes clash with a person’s skin. But on me, it sings. I am grateful. (In other olfactory categories I am quite unlucky so I am certainly not bragging here.)

Chanel No. 5 Eau Première is for those who may have become frustrated with the original. It is quintessentially No. 5 for the new generation. In order to compare with some accuracy, I am wearing Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum on one arm and Chanel No. 5 Eau Première on the other. The contrast between the two is quite simple: the Eau Première has a higher backbeat, a lack of sharpness, softer edges and a sweeter drydown. The lush floral notes remain: neroli, ylang-ylang, rose, iris and jasmine. It lasts even longer on my skin than the Eau de Parfum and when I wear it, I receive repeated, unsolicited compliments.

Why did I choose it as the scent to accompany the new Chrysler advertisement? Read more about that here.  Even though the focus is on an American car, I believe French perfume to be the epitome of style in the most classic sense. If we want to bring that style and glamour back to the forefront, what better choice than a modern, French, meticulously crafted nod to the past?

I pause when saying this knowing it is a bold statement, but I truly believe the world would be a much better place if all women who use perfume wore Chanel – not No. 5 specifically but most Chanel fragrances (with the exception of Chance). Never overwhelming, always sophisticated, and always glamourous is Chanel. A close second would be Estée Lauder.  However, I find the classic Estée Lauder choices I can wear to be limited.  So, my vote remains Chanel.  I will leave you with the advertisement and those thoughts to ponder.

Chrysler Advertisement


Chanel No. 5 Eau Première is available in a 5 oz. bottle at Saks Fifth Avenue and various online sources.  Prices range from $110 to $158.

7 comments:

Alice said...

My decant of Eau Premiere arrived today!! I haven't sniffed it yet as I had just applied a scent before the mailman arrived.

BTW, I love the new Chrysler ads. I think they hit just the right chord at this particular time. I drive a Chrysler Sebring and my 13 year old son thinks the 300's are really classy looking automobiles.

Thanks again for the decant! Can hardly wait to try it. (I may have to scrub my wrists....)

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hi Alice!

So glad to hear you received the decant. Enjoy and please let me know how you like it.

The new Chrysler ad campaign grabs your attention, for sure.

stevewckrt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scentuality mens perfume said...

Nice post, I really love Chanel No. 5, I think that I am going to try the Chanel No.5 Eau Première when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Stevewckrt,
No spam here please.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you, Scentuality mens perfume.

Rita P said...

I definitely have to try Chanel No.5 Premiere. Thanks for the post.