Saturday, March 10, 2007

Nyakio Bath and Body

Ever in the search for organic bath and body products that are natural, beneficial and healing to my skin while avoiding interference with my choice of scent for the day, I am pleased to announce another discovery at the LA Sniffapalooza, Nyakio. Founded by Kio Kamoche, a first generation American of Kenyan descent, Nyakio products aim to provide therapy to the skin and share time tested skin secrets. Kenyan cuisine often combines sweet with spicy therefore most of the formulas in this line do the same, resulting in amazing products that don’t overwhelm the nose.

A few of my favorites:

Grapefruit Tarragon Body Crème

I use this daily on my hands and find it softens without greasiness and its uplifting scent is light enough to avoid competition with my chosen fragrance of the day.

Grape, Eucalyptus and Sugar Body Scrub
Sugar is the ideal exfoliant for my sensitive skin and this product goes on easily and washes off cleanly while the scent is invigorating.

Need to try:

Coffee and Sugar Body Scrub (yum!)

Raspberry Basil Body Crème

I have no need to shop at Bath and Body Works ever again. Allelujah!


Nyakio is available at Apothia, beauty.com and your-cosmetics.com. Grapefruit Tarragon Body Crème retails for $33 for 7 oz. and a generous 18 oz. Grape, Eucalyptus and Sugar Body Scrub retails for $49.


Image source: beauty.com

4 comments:

violetnoir said...

T, I love the smell of the coffee sugar scrub, but it's too sticky and tar-like for my taste. My favorite sugar scrub, the Diana B. line, melts right into your skin.

Hugs!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

R, that's a bummer about the coffee sugar scrub. It truly looked divine. Sticky will not appeal to me either. Did you enjoy any of the Nyakio products? And where to find Diana B.? I hope you're having a fab weekend!

Hugs!

violetnoir said...

The serum is nice and the other body scrub is a bit more enjoyable on the skin.

You can find Diana B. at luckyscent.com.

Hugs!

kevin01 said...

All Castle Baths Natural Spa Products and Spa Gift Baskets are handmade with the purity of heart and love of soul for your complete body care. The inspiration, care and love of hands infused into a natural delight for your body, mind and heart.
=======================================
KEVIN

Bath and Body Spa Products