Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Top Five of 2007


In honor of the new year and my one year blogging anniversary (!!!) I am please to announce my top five fragrance launches from 2007. Ironically I have not reviewed my top two favorites but I promise to do so early in the year. Contrary to a few of my contemporaries, I believe 2007 was a fantastic year for fragrance with an emphasis on a return to classics and an abundance of niche. My first year of writing about perfume afforded me the ability to try so many new offerings, and for that I am very appreciative. Without further ado, my top five:

5. Bella Bellissima Perfect Night - a voluptuous, woodsy number that I find utterly irresistable. Please read my review here.
4. Hermes Kelly Caleche - one that took me completely by surprise and one that I think will slowly capture interest of others. My review is here.
3. M. Micallef Note Ambree - I have yet to get my hands on more of this exquisite jus. It will be one of my projects for 2008 undoubtedly. Read here for more.
2. Piguet Visa - I had the pleasure of sniffing this wonderful creation at the Fall Ball. I also had the pleasure of being introduced to Aurelien Guichard and briefly speaking with this talented and charming man, the creator of Visa, Bond No. 9 Chinatown and Bond No. 9 Silver Factory! Visa is everything I wanted Angel to be.

And, my number one fragrance choice launched in 2007 is .... (drumroll please)

1. Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia - I love everything about this fragrance - the packaging, the concept and the undeniable beauty of it!

A few honorable mentions:

Best Discovery - Gianni Campagna Vento Canale transported me back to Italy with one sniff - an incredibly unique comfort fragrance.
Best Line - I must agree with Perfume-Smellin' Things here. Chanel outdid most houses by far with their Les Exclusifs release and re-launch of Chanel No. 5 in Eau Premiere. I thoroughly enjoyed testing and reviewing offerings from Chanel and my review list accordingly contains an abundance of their fragrances.

4 comments:

tmp00 said...

I really have to smell that Estee Lauder soon...

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Yup. You do. :-)

Marina said...

So happy to see PCTG as a favorite!

priscilla said...

I completely agree with you about PCTG! I think it was one of my favorite things about 2007, even in general. It's so, so beautifully done. I only wish I owned all "versions" of the bottle...and the solid compact, because the packaging is as lovely as (and completely fits) the scent.