Monday, June 04, 2007

Parfumerie Generale Un Crime Exotique

Oh, the gloriousness of packets containing samples of newly released scents!! After a long day at work, I came home to find my Lucky Scent packet just begging me to open it and test the four new samples I ordered. The first of the four? Parfumerie Generale Un Crime Exotique.

Holy gingerbread, Batman! This spicy, gourmand scent will perfectly compliment the gift wrapping, decorating, cookie baking and shopping frenzy that is December. I would love to devour my wrist as I smell this scent. The top notes scream freshly frosted, slightly warm, still soft gingerbread cookies. Although I would like to say that the other notes make their appearance, mostly this scent sings the praises of gingerbread. For kicks, I will list the notes from Lucky Scent's website - Chinese osmanthus, tea, cinnamon, star anise, mate absolute, vanilla sugar, South Sea Island sandalwood. Did I mention gingerbread? Heh heh. If you like smelling of the festive spice, I am quite certain this scent will amaze you, from top to bottom.

I apologize for the shortness of this review. My head is elsewhere tonight, new samples and all. I am departing for Sicily in less than 48 hours. Although I do not anticipate having the ability to blog while I am on vacation, you never know when I will come across a fabulous new scent and/or an internet cafe. Please know that I am wishing all of you a very fragrant few weeks. I will miss your comments. And I will be back with more fuel for my writing than ever!

5 comments:

Divina said...

We'll miss you dear T! I wish you and mr. Thm a wonderful, wonderful time! May it be an unforgettable honeymoon! I wanna hear all about it when you return!!
xx,
Divina

chayaruchama said...

I'm dying for my delivery of this...
Now, more than before, b/o your delightful description, you vixen...

Enjoy your lune de miel !
How exciting, nerve-wracking, and delicious for you both...

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you ladies!! I can't wait to hear how you like this one Chaya Ruchama. ;-) And Divina, I plan to use the hundreds of photos I will take for many of my reviews. I will certainly tell you all about it! Stay well, both of you.

Fragrant hugs,
T.

violetnoir said...

T, be safe and have a wonderful time with your wonderful husband!

Hugs!

P.S.--This fragrance sounds delectable. I love osmanthus and the smell of gingerbread. :):)

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you R.! You definitely need to try this one! ;-)

xo,
T.