Tuesday, October 16, 2007

M. Micallef Note Poudrée


As promised, I continue my impressions of the new Les Notes line from M. Micallef. Note Poudrée was designed to be a soft, floral and powdery scent, and it is my least favorite of the Note line. I therefore am struggling to produce lots of words to describe it. In their absence, I will list the notes. The top begins with fresh peach, followed by a sweet floral heart of jasmine and rose. The base of cedarwood, patchouli, vanilla, amber and musk seems to disappear on my skin. Although beautifully constructed in writing, Note Poudrée lacks any real defining or imaginative qualities when mixed with my chemistry. It is simply sweet, powdery and short-lived without a solid warming base to give it real sex appeal. Despite my lack of any enthusiasm for it, it could attract those searching for a soft floral. But with so many similar fragrances on the market at a fraction of the cost, why bother? The redeeming facet of this fragrance is the gorgeous bottle design and the exotic looking woman representing it.


M. Micallef Note Poudrée is available here. A 75mL bottle retails for 117€ and 150mL bottle retails for 156€.
Image source: mmicallef.com

No comments: