Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fall Top 5

In another effort to collaborate, Divina of Fragrance Bouquet and I have come up with our respective top five fragrances for Fall 2007. Personally, I have thought long and hard about this since we decided to feature our lists. It is not easy for me to narrow down any detail of perfume to just five. However, after much deliberation, I do believe I have a list of the fragrances I will wear the most this Fall. Without further ado, from last to first, here we go:

5. Unfortunately, I couldn't decide between two. Therefore at number five we have a tie between Hilary Duff With Love and Bond No. 9 West Side. Both are sexy yet fun, for my not-to-be-taken-so-seriously moods, when driving with the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs sound good. On second thought, that might remove the sexy aspect of things. Nevertheless, both are boozy, sweet and light-hearted. With Love is a flirty combination of sweetness merging with spice, featuring notes of mangosteen, spices and amber while West Side combines rose, ylang-ylang, peony, vanilla and amber.

4. Cristiano Fissore Cashmere For Women. There is something so intoxicating about this scent. It smells of spiced apricots on my skin and while I will admit it can morph into a slightly soapy-clean number, I adore it. Nothing beats its remnants on a plush, soft sweater at the end of the day. This is my work and day scent for Fall.

3. 10 Corso Como. Mysterious, resinous, yet somewhat transparent, this sandalwood oud combination that leaves many longing for more, or just something different, sings to me. It sings of dimly lit dark rooms, opulent clothing, soft voices and luminescent bare skin.

I find it extremely classy, not overwhelming at all, a "get closer to me" fragrance for evening and dressier affairs. When layered with Eskandar Sandalwood Body Milk or another sandalwood lotion, its exotic charms are exaggerated.

2. Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon Parfum. A bold, sexy and golden warm scent that must be experienced in the perfume formulation to truly appreciate its masterful and exquisite combination of notes. From amaretto to neroli, cedar to amber and many other interesting scents in between, Le Baiser boasts a powerful, luxurious fragrance reminding me of golden silk. When I want to feel all woman, this is the scent I choose.

And, my number one fragrance for Fall ... drumroll please ....

1. Chanel Coromondel. A warm, spicy fragrance that must be applied lightly - one of the few variations on patchouli I can wear. Since my first review, I have purchased a full bottle which I split with several fragrance friends. It is everything I wanted Shalimar to be and then some. A few light-handed spritzes and I am in fragance heaven for a full 12 hours. Coromondel was launched this year as part of Les Exclusifs collection, and while they are all wonderful scents, it is most certainly the most fitting for Fall due to its spicy complexity. I find it much fuller, richer and multi-faceted than mass marketed department store scents in the same category (Angel, Prada, Coco, etc.) I will be wearing Coromondel with my favorite cashmere sweaters for a long night out with my husband.

There you have it my friends. I would love to hear your lists!

2 comments:

heather said...

I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of a sample of Coromandel and I suspect that when I try it, it will rank as the best Chanel ever for my chemistry. Anything that sounds like the olfactory equivalent of "cashmere sweater" has my name written on it. I may also have to try 10 Corso Como at long last. It's often been recommended to me and yet I haven't felt the overwhelming urge to try it. I think maybe its the Miro-esque bottle. Miro's not my thing, but maybe Corso will be, someday. Thanks for encouraging me to break my silence here. I've enjoyed your blog for some time. :)

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Heather,

Thank you for breaking your silence. It's very nice to hear from you! I hope that Coromondel lives up to all of your expectations and I look forward to hearing your impressions. Apply it with a light hand. It lasts quite a while. 10CC is contradictory - such a beautiful sandalwood, transparent yet deep at the same time. Do not let the bottle design deter you. :-)