Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Creation-S by the best nose I have ever met: Roja Dove


Roja Dove captivated me.  As he spoke of his passion, memories and dedication to fragrance I was transfixed ... could not take my eyes off him.  I followed his every word as if I were there, with him as his mother kissed him goodnight and her scent lingered, with him as he longed to create his own scents, with him as images came into his mind, images that would inspire him to create Scandal.  Had someone tapped me on the shoulder, I do not know that I would have noticed.  It seemed the only people in the small room were he and I.  Maybe Roja Dove and I were destined to cross paths.  Maybe somewhere along the line in my fragrance loving youth and young adulthood, the stars aligned for us to meet, just so I could hear him speak.  For certain, I will never forget it.

I could not leave Bergdorf Goodman without purchasing a creation from this legend in his own time.  It was early May at Sniffapalooza in New York City, and I had traveled across the country to be here.  I felt compelled to mark the occasion with a stellar purchase, an exquisite fragrance.  After sampling all of his scents, each and every one of them magnificent and crafted from the finest ingredients on earth, I landed on Creation-S.  It sang with my skin.  Luscious flowers, namely luxurious tuberose, jasmine, freesia, lily of the valley and orange blossom on a tender base of sandalwood, musk and orris root, Creation-S could have been created just for me. Well, I would like to think so.  The scent caresses my skin and transports the perfect amount around me, rendering my day brighter and my smile bigger.  It was formerly marketed as Scandal and if I remember correctly, the name had to be changed to Creation-S for the United States market.  Whatever the name, in my book it does not really matter as the scent is a masterpiece.  Thank you Roja Dove for your passion, your dedication and your artistry.

I am lucky enough to own an autographed bottle!




Roja Parfums are sold at Bergdorf Goodman.  Please visit his website here: www.rojaparfums.com



7 comments:

patriciacha said...

This does sound like a wonderful fragrance. I'm glad you found one that you feel was made for you. I'm still looking,i do like songes by Annick Goutal, it's not my holy grail but getting closer.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hello Patriciacha,

Songes is amazing! I went through my bottle so quickly ... quicker than any other fragrance I have owned. Alas, the search for a holy grail is a long and tedious one. ;-)

Tamara

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
patriciacha said...

I have found a new favorite which is my vintage bottle of Quelques fleurs by houbigant. It's soft floral, powdery and perfect to me. When it's gone i'll be on the scout again.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Great choice Patriciacha! I will have to devote a "Forget Me Not" post to Quelques Fleurs very soon.

patriciacha said...

I look forward to reading about my new favorite. Seams we both liked Nuit Etoilee as well,and a few others.In the mean time i will be back tracking through o;der posts you wrote.

Drag2Kart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.