Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Travel Scents

I am headed to a beautiful city nestled among mountains with an ideal climate this time of year. It is heavily influenced by the Spanish, known for its art, restaurants and quaint atmosphere. Referring to the photo on the left, can you guess where I am going?
More importantly, can you name a fragrance I should wear? Rushing out of the house at 7a.m. this morning prevented me from giving it too much thought, however, I am wearing a beautiful body butter by Bliss called Vanilla+Bergamot.

I have wondered many times the ideal fragrance to layer with this luxurious cream. It reminds me of fall and winter, for certain, and it smells wonderfully warm and cozy. Any ideas?

Have a wonderful day!

Image courtesy of blissworld.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about musc ravageur?
;-)

Divina said...

Hmm... I don't remember exactly how the vanilla & bergamot smells since I buy the unscented version (god I LOVE this cream) but how about New York by PdN? Do you think that'd work? I am thinking perhaps it will.

IrisLA said...

Mazzolari Lei has bergmot and vanilla (along with a chocolate note). This is a cozy scent with an unusual opening. It might work with the Bliss lotion. Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

As a Santa Fe native now living in a rather muggier climate, I would have to say: you can get away with lusher fragrances in the desert (especially with the cool nights) than you can in much of the country right now. Myself, i'm an aldehyde girl--Chanel No. 22, Bois des Iles, Le Labo's Aldehyde 44 all work beautifully at home. Incense- and wood-based fragrances also feel really SF to me. Annick Goutal's Les Nuits d'Hadrien for some reason (though i bought it in a rainstorm in Montreal) always makes me think of SF.

This time of year is when green chile roasting starts--a scent memory that is terribly dear to me. It fills the air with a delicious warm veggie smell that in some ways reminds me of other burning herbs...Definitely try some fresh roasted chile while you are there! Have a great time!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Unfortunately Musc Ravageur doesn't do me any favors. Very unfortunately.

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Divina,

I haven't tried PdN New York, but I will! Thank you for the lovely suggestion.

xo,
T

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Thank you, Iris! Nice to see you. ;-)

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Ering,

What a lovely city you are fortunate to call home! I wholeheartedly agree with you that lusher fragrances are appropriate there. The weather was absolutely gorgeous in SF compared to the 110 degree heat here. I had a Pablano Relleno last night, as a matter of fact!

What a lovely suggestion with Les Nuits, one of my favorites of all time, in my top ten for certain. I tested TF Black Orchid today and I think that one would work beautifully as well. Thank you for your very informative and interesting comment!