Last year alone, women spent $1.92 billion on fashion designer scents? (According to Allure magazine.)
How about a few new designer scents to check out, if you haven't already? Listed in order of intrigue:
- Prada Infusion d'Iris - Florentine iris
- Emilio Pucci Vivara - galbanum, bergamot and amaretto
- Emporio Armani Diamonds - rose and ??
- Eau de Givenchy - grapefruit, tangerine and tuberose
- DKNY Delicious Night - crushed ginger, blackberry martini and amber
- Dolce & Gabanna The One- bergamot, lychee, Madonna lily, muguet, plum and vetiver
I usually carve out a few hours and head to Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue to try the new fall designer offerings. Perhaps this year I will find a full-bottle worthy scent. What are you excited to try?
And a discovery over the weekend: Stella McCartney In Two. I adore the original Stella and Stella Rose Absolute. This one combines a playful peony, pepper, amber and patchouli eau de toilette with a perfume solid that focuses on amber. I don't know how crazy I am about layering a solid perfume with a spray - it might be too much work - but the peony spray made my Sunday more delightful.