Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Top 25 2006

Once per year, myself and other fragrance aficionados post their "Top 25" favorites on makeupalley. We then submit them to a brave woman who conjures, based upon all votes, a final Top 25 list. It is quite fun to see what the end results are after everyone votes. It undoubtedly has an impact on thousands of customers and fragrance vendors. So, for your amusement, I will post here my Top 25 Fragrances as of 4/10/07, listed in order of preference.

1. Chanel No. 5
2. Bond No. 9 West Side
3. Serge Lutens Un Lys
4. Tocca Florence
5. Annick Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien
6. Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier
7. Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
8. Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia
9. Annick Goutal Songes
10. Annick Goutal Quel Amour
11. Chanel Bel Respiro
12. Anne Pliska
13. Molinard Un Air de Molinard
14. Escada Collection
15. Il Profumo Vanille Bourbon
16. Cristiano Fissore Cashmere
17. Jean Patou Enjoy
18. Eternity Summer 2005
19. Zenadora Paris
20. Chanel No. 18
21. Creative Scentualization Perfect Kiss
22. L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Paupillons
23. Hillary Duff With Love
24. Bvlgari Omnia
25. Kai

After re-reading this list, there are several I have not yet reviewed. However, the majority are fragrances I have chosen for review since January. Very interesting ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I am writing to say thank you for the body creams. They arrived on a very grey day, when I was looking for something to make life a bit brighter. This is the first time I have tried Chanel no. 5, and I think it is my favorite. It was incredible generous of you-thank you so much.

I notice that there are no Carons on your lists-have you tried them? I notice you like opulent white florals (so do I!). I have some, and will gladly share, if you are interested. Even though you don't list many woody and leathery fragrances you may be interested to try these, as a point of reference, if nothing else! Narcisse Blanc and Tubereuse are wonderful, and they might be your tase. En Avion is a favorite of mine. Poivre and Coup de Fouet are ultra deep and spicy. Please let me know if you would care to try any of my collection.

Thank you again for your generosity!

Sincerely,

Carole

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Hello Carole!

You are quite welcome. You won them fair and square! I am so glad to hear you are enjoying Chanel No. 5. The body creme is indeed luxurious and highlights the scent marvelously.

I am definitely an opulent white floral lover and am open to trying any and all scents. I have tested a few Caron fragrances, at a Saks Fifth Avenue in Chicago with a hovering SA watching me like a hawk, so my experience with them has not been great. They are not available where I live.

Again, I'm so glad you're enjoying the creams. I'm sending you lots of sunshine to brighten your day!

Best,
T.